Have you been missing out on receiving weekly ophthalmology teaching during COVID19?
Ophthalmology trainees in the UK receive weekly postgraduate ophthalmology teaching at their base hospital or in their region. This ensures knowledge is kept uptodate, maintaining continuous professional development and aids networking for career development.
- Some ophthalmology trainees were re-deployed to medical wards
- Others experienced cessation of regular teaching sessions due to service changes and social distancing challenges
- College examinations were postponed
- Face to face conferences and meetings were postponed or cancelled
In order to continue ophthalmology education during the COVID-19 period, EyeducationUK was established as an independent source of free online postgraduate teaching to fill this gap.
Advertising the live online events and ophthalmology webinars via eyeducation.co.uk, EyeducationUK captured the enthusiasm of trainees, optometrists and orthoptists. Eyeducation provided curriculum based ophthalmology teaching on various sub-specialties including:
- Medical and surgical retina
- Emergency ophthalmology and more
Eyeducation invited high quality speakers from across the UK, sharing the wealth of great speakers from UK ophthalmology departments.
We received great feedback contributing to the knowledge of many ophthalmology trainees in the UK.