We invite you to apply for a mentoring opportunity!
We are starting a new mentoring programme to pair friendly, enthusiastic trainees with FY2 doctors about to apply for ophthalmology speciality training to share some advice on the tips & tricks of the applications process. Given the uncertainty of the current circumstances, we want to help guide doctors to maximise their possibility of a successful application and we need your help!
Who are we looking for?
1. ST 1/2/3 ophthalmologists
What will I be doing?
* Mentoring an F2 doctor on a 1-1 or 1-2 basis (dependent on availability)
* Providing advice on the process of applying
* Portfolio reviewing: offering constructive feedback on your mentee’s portfolio
* Mock Interview practice via zoom
* Providing ad-hoc advice as per the needs of your mentee
1. Online mentoring via distance with flexibility
2. Network with doctors around the country
3. Boost your CV
4. Chance to help those who were in your shoes (not that long ago!)
If you are interested, please complete this google form and we will get back to you:
Eleanor Palmer – Final Year Medical Student, manager of The British Undergraduate & Foundation Year Ophthalmology Group LinkedIn
Edited by Eyeducation